Click "Pin It" to share any of these images on Pinterest.
My final sewing project, made in the flurry of preparations before my surgery, was a cover for my Kindle (which I also purchased as part of the preparation.)
This is my prototype. I have just a couple of minor changes I'm going to make to the next one, but I love it. I don't have to worry about the Kindle getting scratched and it is so easy to just grab an go everywhere I go.
Closed, it looks like a wallet.
It's made from home decor fabric so it's nice and sturdy.
The Kindle is held in place by two elastic straps, carefully placed so as to not interfere with any buttons or controls. It closes with the velcro tab.
It's been almost 8 weeks since I made it. I was in a hurry, so I didn't have time to take photos to put together a tutorial. I'm ready for another one though, so come back next week and I'll have a tutorial.
It's hard to believe it's been 8 weeks because I have not sewn since then... until today! Yup, I think I'm ready to start sewing again. YAY!!!